Photographs of the striking facade of the Smithsonian Castle (Smithsonian Institution Building) and views from the Enid A. Haupt Garden
A brief history:
- The Smithsonian Institution was established in 1846, "for the increase and diffusion of Knowledge".
- This was created in form of a collection of museums and research centres administered by the United States government.
- The institution has 19 museums, 9 research facilities and a zoo, some of which are historical and architectural landmarks, located mostly in the District of Columbia.
- The Institution's 30million visitors are currently admitted free of charge.
Photographs include the:
- Smithsonian Institution Building (Smithsonian Castle)
- Enid A. Haupt Garden including the "Parterre" & "Moongate Garden"
If you would like to see more of my photography at full-size and resolution please visit my photography portfolio at Fotolia by Adobe Stock by clicking on the link
Liberty Photo Art Adobe Stock Portfolio
If you would also like to see more photography from the surrounds of the Smithsonian Castle please visit these galleries: