A brief history;
- The National Mall is a grand national park in central Washington, D.C, the capital of the United States.
- The urban park is administered by the National Park Service (NPS), which is part of the larger National Mall and Memorial Parks unit.
- Officially the National Mall encompasses Constitution Gardens & West Potomac Park but it is more commonly referred to as covering the entire area from it's western-most point, the Lincoln
Memorial all the way to the United States Capitol at it's eastern most-point, with the Washington Monument providing the central point.
Here is a list of memorials and monuments which are maintained by the National Park Service (NPS) within the boundary of the National Mall;
- National World War II Memorial
- Lincoln Memorial & Lincoln Memorial Reflecting Pool
- Vietnam Veterans Memorial
- Korean War Veterans Memorial
- Thomas Jefferson Memorial
- Franklin D. Roosevelt Memorial
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial
If you would like to see more of my photography from the National Mall in Washington, D.C please visit these galleries;