My Stock Images are now available to view and up for sale on Adobe Stock & Dreamstime
- If you would like to see my photographs at hi-resolution and or/are interested in purchasing a photograph/s please visit my photography portfolios on Adobe Stock
& Dreamstime by clicking on the links provided:
Please visit my photography portfolios on Adobe Stock & Dreamstime by clicking on the links provided :
A brief history of Britannia Bridge to go alongside my stock photography
- Britannia Bridge was originally known as a tubular bridge after it's completion on March 5th 1850, but after a major fire devastated the bridge in May 1970, a
major reconstruction of the bridge was carried out, it is now known as a two-tier truss bridge.
- The bridge was built just decades after the Menai Suspension Bridge because of the demand for a rail link between Chester and Holyhead which faciliated a sea link
over to Dublin.
- The design of the bridge was entrusted to Robert Stephenson.
- The bridge received Grade II Listed status in March 1966.