A brief history;
- The Tidal Basin (Potomac River Tidal Basin) is a man-made inlet located in West Potomac Park next to the Potomac River and Washington Channel, it was built in 1897 to catch overflow from
the Potomac & prevent flooding.
- The banks of the Tidal Basin are lined with the famed "cherry blossom" trees given as a gift from the Japanese government.
Things to look out for around the Tidal Basin;
- Thomas Jefferson Memorial
- Franklin Delano Roosevelt Memorial
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial
- Japanese Lantern and First Cherry Tree Planting
If you would like to see more of my photography from around the Potomac River Tidal Basin, please visit these galleries;
If you are interested in any of my photography & are interested in purchasing a photograph(s) then please visit my portfolio at Fotolia by clicking on the links