Please visit my photography portfolio on Adobe Stock by clicking on the link provided below :
Liberty Photo Art Adobe Stock Portfolio
A brief history of the City of Annapolis to go alongside my Stock Photography
- Annapolis is the state capital of Maryland and is home to the seat of Anne Arundel County.
- The city of Annapolis is located on the Severn River, equidistant between the cities of Baltimore & Washington DC, approximatley 2-miles from it's mouth on
- The capital of Maryland was originally called "Providence", when puritan exiles settled here in 1649.
- Later it was called Anne Arundel's Towne after the wife of Lord Baltimore, who owned the colony.
- It was finally renamed Annapolis in 1694, honouring Princess Anne, heir to the throne, the name was officially incorporated in 1708, as Queen she chartered her
colonial namesake as a city.