Please visit my image portfolio on Adobe Stock if you would like to see more Annapolis stock photography at full-size and resolution by clicking on the link provided
Photo Art Adobe Stock Portfolio
A brief history of the historic City to go alongside my Annapolis stock photography
- Annapolis is the state capital of Maryland and is home to the seat of Anne Arundel County.
- The city of Annapolis is located on the Severn River, equidistant between the cities of Baltimore & Washington DC, approximatley
2-miles from it's mouth on Chesapeake Bay.
- The capital of Maryland was originally called "Providence", when puritan exiles settled here in 1649.
- Later it was called Anne Arundel's Towne after the wife of Lord Baltimore, who owned the colony.
- It was finally renamed Annapolis in 1694, honouring Princess Anne, heir to the throne, the name was officially incorporated in 1708, as
Queen she chartered her colonial namesake as a city.