Photographs from the City of Annapolis, Maryland
A brief history:
- Annapolis is the state capital of Maryland and is home to the seat of Anne Arundel County.
- The city of Annapolis is located on the Severn River, equidistant between the cities of Baltimore & Washington DC, approximatley 2-miles from it's mouth on Chesapeake Bay.
- The capital of Maryland was originally called "Providence", when puritan exiles settled here in 1649.
- Later it was called Anne Arundel's Towne after the wife of Lord Baltimore, who owned the colony.
- It was finally renamed Annapolis in 1694, honouring Princess Anne, heir to the throne, the name was officially incorporated in 1708, as Queen she chartered her colonial namesake as a city.
If you are interested in any of my photography and would like to see them at full-size and resolution please visit my photography portfolio at Fotolia by Adobe Stock by clicking on the