Photographs from the Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial
A brief history:
- Reverend Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. (1929-1968) was an American pastor, activist, humanitarian, and leader in the African-American Civil Rights Movement.
- King is famous for the organised 1963 march on Washington, D.C, where he delivered his "I have a dream speech" on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial. There, he established himself as one of the
great orators in American History.
- After his assassination in 1968, King was awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom & Congressional Gold Medal.
- The Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial is the first memorial to be dedicated to an African-American & only the fourth non-presidential memorial.
Photographs include the:
- Emerging statue of Martin Luther King out of the "Stone of Hope" by Lei Yixin
- Inscription Wall with excerpts from speeches of King's in chronological order on an ellipitical wall
Please take a look at my photography portfolio on Adobe Stock by clicking on the link below :
Liberty Photo Art Adobe Stock Portfolio