If you would like to see more Menai Bridge photo gallery images please take a look at my photography portfolios on Adobe Stock & Dreamstime by clicking on the
links provided :
If you're interested in the images you see why not press one of my internal links below which will also feature Menai Bridge photo gallery :
A brief history of the Grade I Listed building and World Heritage Site to go alongside my Menai Bridge photo gallery
- The historic Menai Suspension Bridge was designed by civil engineer Thomas Telford and completed on January 30th,
- At the time of it's completion Menai Bridge was the largest suspension bridge in the world and was a groundbreaking piece of
- The bridge spans the dangerous tidal waters of the Menai Straits linking the Isle of Anglesey with the mainland.
- The suspension bridge is largely made of wrought iron stone, with 16 colossal chains holding up 579-feet of deck, this was crucially
important at the time of the bridge's completion because it allowed 100-foot of clear space beneath, allowing tall sailing ships to navigate the seaway to pass safely underneath, whilst spanning the
Menai Strait at it's narrowest point.
- The bridge also ensured the travel time from London to Holyhead was dramatically reduced.