Photographs of the outdoor Memorial Amphitheater & Tomb of the Unknowns at Arlington National Cemetery
A brief history:
- Arlington Memorial Amphitheater is a colossal elliptical outdoor ampitheater designed by Thomas Hastings.
- The Memorial Amphitheater was built as replacement for the older, wooden ampitheater near to Arlington House and dedicated in May 1920.
- It is the setting for the annual services on Memorial Day and it is also used for many memorial services and funerals.
- The Tomb of the Unknown Soldier is located on the plaza of the Memorial Amphitheater on top of hill overlooking Washington, D.C.
- The tomb contains four vaults one for; World War I, World War II, Vietnam War & Korean War.
Please visit my photography porfolio at Adobe Stock by clicking on the link below :
Liberty Photo Art Adobe Stock Portfolio
If you would like to see more of my photography from Arlington National Cemetery please visit these galleries: