Photographs of the Thomas Jefferson Memorial
A brief history:
- Thomas Jefferson was born in Shadwell, Albemarle County, Virginia on April 13th, 1743.
- Thomas Jefferson was elected into office as the third president of the United States of America, serving two-terms from 1801-1809.
- Thomas Jefferson was the first president to be inaugurated in Washington, D.C.
- He was only president along with John Adams to sign the Declaration of Independence.
- He introduced the Classical architectural style to Washington after his studies of Roman ruins and architecture whilst Ambassador to France, examples include Virginia State Capitol, University of
Virginia & Monticello
- An iconic quote from Jefferson reads; "I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man".
Photographs include the Neoclassical exterior of the Jefferson Memorial including the:
- Marble steps and surrounding circular plaza
If you like and/or are interested in any of my photographs and would like to see them at full size & resolution then please take a look at my photography portfolio at Fotolia by
Adobe Stock by clicking on the link below: