A brief history;
- Thomas Jefferson was born in Shadwell, Albemarle County, Virginia on April 13th, 1743.
- Thomas Jefferson was elected into office as the third president of the United States of America, serving two-terms from 1801-1809.
- Thomas Jefferson was the first president to be inaugurated in Washington, D.C.
- He was only president along with John Adams to sign the Declaration of Independence.
- He introduced the Classical architectural style to Washington after his studies of Roman ruins and architecture whilst Ambassador to France, examples include Virginia State Capitol, University of
Virginia & Monticello
- An iconic quote from Jefferson reads; "I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man".
This fine art and stock photography centre's around one of The National Mall & Memorial Parks favourite attractions, the Thomas Jefferson Memorial, located at the southern end of
the Tidal Basin. This Classical styled memorial honours the third president of the United States & author of the Declaration of American Independence.
Photographs include the Neoclassical exterior of the Jefferson Memorial including the;
- Marble steps and surrounding circular plaza
If you like and/or are interested in any of my photographs and would like to see them at full size & resolution then please take a look at my portfolio on Fotolia by clicking on
the links below;