Photographs of Plas Newydd House and Gardens
A brief history:
- Plas Newydd Country House & Gardens is set on the shores of the Menai Strait amongst unrivalled natural scenery, with the Snowdonia Mountain range as a backdrop.
- The house site was first occupied in the 13th-century.
- The house became the country seat for the Marquesses of Anglesey with the 7th Marquess of Anglesey the last to retain rooms at the house.
- James Wyatt redesigned the elegant country house in the 18th century.
- The house is now open to the public and has been owned by the National Trust since 1976.
- The interior highlights include a military museum & Rex Whistler works, with the terrace garden & Rhododendron garden highlights of the extensive gardens.
If you would like to see more of my photography at full-size and resolution please visit my photography portfolio at Fotolia by Adobe Stock by clicking on the link