Photographs of the western facade of the United States Capitol Building & Capitol Reflecting Pool
A brief history:
- The Capitol Reflecting Pool is the western most side of the Capitol gounds & is located at the eastern end of the National Mall in Union Square, occupying 6 acres of the site.
- On the eastern side of the Reflecting Pool stands the iconic American Civil War statuary of the Ulysses S. Grant Memorial designed by Henry Merwin Shrady, there are also many other tourist
destinations within close proximity including the United States Capitol Building, Capitol grounds, U.S Botanic Garden & many open grassy stretches along the Mall.
- It was designed as a counterpart to the Lincoln Memorial Reflecting Pool at the western side of the National Mall & Memorial Parks designed by Henry Bacon and was completed in 1971.
Photographs include the Capitol's:
- Cast iron dome designed by Thomas U. Walter
- Ulysses S. Grant Memorial
Please visit my photography portfolio at Fotolia by Adobe Stock by clicking on the link below:
Liberty Photo Art Adobe Stock Porfolio