My Stock Photographs are now available to view and for sale at Adobe Stock
- If you would like to see my photographs at hi-resolution and or/are interested in purchasing a photograph/s please visit my photography portfolio at Adobe Stock by
clicking on the link provided : Liberty Photo Art Adobe Stock
Please visit my photo galleries from Capitol Hill region of Washington DC by visiting any of the sub-pages below :
Please visit my photography portfolio at Adobe Stock by clicking on the link below:
Liberty Photo Art Adobe Stock Portfolio
A brief history of the Capitol Hill region to go alongside my Stock Photography
- Capitol Hill is a metonym for the United States Congress.
- Capitol Hill is also the largest historic residential neighbourhood in Washington, D.C.
- Capitol Hill is one of the oldest neighbourhoods in the city and one of the most densely populated with approximately 35,000 people in a little under 2-square
- The name Capitol Hill is commonly used to refer to both the historic district and the larger neighbourhood around it.
- Geographically Capitol Hill rises close to the centre of the District of Columbia and stretches eastwards, bordered on the east by the Anacostia River, west by The
Mall and the city's central business district, north by the H Street corridor & south by the Southeast/ Southwest Freeway & the Washington Navy Yard.
- Capitol Hill the region started to develop as the government began working at two seperate locations, the U.S Capitol & Washington Navy Yard, becoming a distinct
community between 1799 & 1810, as the federal government expanded.
- The neighbourhood grew up significantly around it's workers including the members of Congress and skilled craftsmen working at both the Navy Yard and U.S Capitol
- Today Capitol Hill still remains a relatively stable middle-class region recovering from economic decline and rising crime in the mid-20th century.