Please visit my photography portfolio on Adobe Stock by clicking on the link below :
Liberty Photo Art Adobe Stock Portfolio
A brief history of the United States Capitol Building to accompany my Stock Imagery
- Capitol Hill was the site chosen for America's seat of government in 1791, the site chosen was a 10-acre site that was ceded by the state of
- The site was chosen by Pierre Charles L'Enfant, he chose a hill on the east side of the area which would become the foundations for the United States Capitol Building
& the precise centre of the new city.
- The United States Capitol Building is surrounded by colossal classical architecture including the; U.S Supreme Court, Jefferson Building (Library of
Congress), U.S Botanic Garden, Rayburn House Office Building & more:
- It also has wide open grand expanses of ornamental greenspace including the colossal Capitol grounds with ornamental hardscape designed by Frederick Law Olmstead
& antique lighting on 2nd street & more.
- The United States Capitol Building is one of the most recognisable Neoclassical buildings in the world today and as being at the heart of America's legislative
process for over 200 years.
- The building forms the Legislative Branch of U.S Federal Government, housing the U.S senate & the House of Representatives.
- The cornerstone was laid by George Washington in 1793 and the Capitol was occupied in 1800.
- A number of the United States Capitol's featues have being added since it's last restoration i 1815 beacuse it was burnt down by the British in the War of 1812,
including the Statue of Freedom, cast iron dome, Capitol Visitor Center & more.