Please visit my photography portfolio on Adobe Stock if you would like to see more presidential memorial photographs :
Photo Art Adobe Stock Portfolio
If you're interested in presidential memorial photographs why not visit the internal photo galleries below which also feature images of the Lincoln Statue & more
A brief history of the marble Lincoln Statue to accompany my presidential memorial photographs
- The Lincoln Memorial is a colossal Neoclassical "Greek" styled temple built on reclaimed land from the Potomac River known as
the "Potomac Flats" and is located at the western most part of Washington DC's National Mall & Memorial Parks affording the 16th President of the United States with one of the grandest views of
- The interior of the Lincoln Memorial is divided in to three chambers (North, South & Central) by two rows of colossal Ionic
- The giant marble statue of Lincoln located in the Central Hall (Central Chamber) standing at a colossal 19 feet tall & 19 feet wide
was made from 28 blocks of Georgia marble, was designed by Daniel Chester French & sculpted by the Piccirilli Brothers of New York.
- Detailed murals above Lincoln's Gettysburg Address & his Second Inaugural Address on the north and south walls depicting principles
that were evident in Lincoln's life were painted by Jules Guerin.
- Ernest Bairstow & Evelyn Beatrice Longman also sculpted features within the memorial.