Please take a look at my photography portfolio on Adobe Stock if you would like to see more DC stock photos at full-size and resolution
Photo Art Adobe Stock Portfolio
A brief history of the Executive Office Building & Treasury Building to accompany my DC Stock Photos
- The area surrounding the White House is filled with grand architecture & political history and open green spaces such as the Ellipse
lawn which gives great vistas and perspective to Washington DC, this includes;
- The Dwight D. Eisenhower Old Executive Office Building was formerly known as the Old Executive Office Building and is located
to the west side of the White House.
- It was previously home to the War, Navy & State Departments.
- The building was designed by Alfred B. Mullett in the French Second Empire style and completed in 1888.
- Today the building houses government agencies comprising of the Executive Office of the President, including the Office of the Vice
President, the Office of Management and Budget & the National Security Council.
- The Treasury Building home to the Department of the Treasury is a colossal, four-story Greek Revival building located to the
east of the White House.
- The building was designed by prominent architect Robert Mills with a striking sandstone and granite edifice which many believe to be the
most impressive structure in Washington, the building took a monumental 33 years to complete opening in 1869.
- A statue of the First Secretary of the Treasury, Alexander Hamilton stands prominently outside the front of the southern