Photographs of the Vietnam Veterans Memorial
A brief history:
- The Vietnam Veterans Memorial Wall is one of most moving monuments on the Mall. Veterans and their families often leave tokens of remembrance including; soft toys, poems, pictures &
flowers: at the site of the fallen soldiers name.
- The memorial itself is a simple design, with two triangular black walls sinking into the earth at 125 degrees, one end pointing at the Lincoln Memorial & the other to the Washington
Monument. On the walls are the names of the 58,000 Americans who died in the Vietnam War, in chronological order, the first in 1959 and the last in 1975.
- Since the "Memorial Wall" was constructed there have being two other additions to the memorial, the "Three Servicemen Memorial" & "Vietnam Women's Memorial".
Photographs include the:
- Vietnam Veterans Memorial Wall
- Three Servicemen (Three Soldiers sculpted in bronze)
If you would like to see more photography like above then please visit my photography portfolio at Fotolia by Adobe Stock by clicking on the link below: