Please visit my photography portfolio on Adobe Stock by clicking on the link below :
Liberty Photo Art Adobe Stock
A brief history of the Royal Albert Hall and Memorial to the Great Exhibition (1851)
- The Memorial to the Great Exhibition of 1851.
- The Memorial to the Great Exhibition is located on the south-side of the Royal Albert Hall on the Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee
- The grand outdoor monument was designed by Joseph Durham and commemmorates the great success of the Great Exhibition held in Hyde Park
in 1851 which was organised by Henry Cole & Prince Albert.
- The memorial is made of Aberdeen & Cornish granite with allegorical female bronze figures representing Europe, Asia, America and
- The statue of Prince Albert (Prince Consort) crowns the monument.