Photographs of the Royal Albert Hall and Memorial to the Great Exhibition (1851)
- The Memorial to the Great Exhibition of 1851
- The Memorial to the Great Exhibition is located on the south-side of the Royal Albert Hall on the Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Steps.
- The grand outdoor monument was designed by Joseph Durham and commemmorates the great success of the Great Exhibition held in Hyde Park in 1851 which was organised by Henry Cole & Prince
- The memorial is made of Aberdeen & Cornish granite with allegorical female bronze figures representing Europe, Asia, America and Africa.
- The statue of Prince Albert (Prince Consort) crowns the monument.
Photographs inlcude the:
- Memorial to the Great Exhibition of 1851
- Statue of Prince Albert crowning the Monument to the Great Exhibition of 1851
- Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Steps
Please visit my photography portfolio at Fotolia by Adobe Stock by clicking on the link below: